CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

bad bad blogger

I know it. I'm a really bad blogger. I'm far from reaching my once a week goal and I'm barely making it once a month. I think I'll be better from now on. There is no promise in that, mind you. I just think I'll be better at it now. Time will tell, I suppose.

So, for the updates on life... there are many. Here are a few. There is a lot of emotion attached to all of these changes in life... excitement, sadness, hope, anxiety, etc. One common thread in it all: God is good. Really good.

- We leave Tokyo on June 13th. That feels soon, maybe because it is. I have been thinking lately about how before we left, my friend Lauren prayed for me. She prayed that Tokyo would be a hard place for me to leave. God is really faithful. There have been several things that have not been easy this year, but I can honestly say that I have fallen in love with this city and these people. Tokyo will be a very hard place for us to leave. I think that I will highlight some special Tokyo favorites and moments in the posts to come...

-We are moving to the Fullerton area to lead a new Campus Crusade missional team. We will be working at CSUF and other surrounding colleges. Although this was somewhat of a surprise option for us to consider... we have definitely felt Gods confirmation in the last couple of months that this is a place where He is preparing a home and ministry for us that honors Him. We will be apartment hunting as soon as we get back and hope to get settled in July sometime.

-We are having a baby GIRL! Lucy Joy. And let me tell you, she is indeed joyful. She dances around in my belly like she's in constant celebration. At any given moment wen I am sitting, you can look at my belly and actually SEE her doin' her thing. Pretty exciting stuff. I am 25 weeks- that's 15 more weeks of growth (which seems almost impossible at the moment). The most common greeting I have gotten from Japanese students lately is "Oki!" which means... "big". How sweet of them to notice. :) We are so thankful for how healthy Lucy and I have been.

Lucy is actually due a couple days before school begins at CSUF, what a whirlwind that will be!

-I have a wonderful husband. This is not really an update, he has loved me selflessly since we have been married. However, I feel like he should win some sort of medal for the way he has served me since I have been pregnant. He is a daily reminder to me of Gods faithful and loving provision in my life. Thank you, Jonathan and thank you Jesus.

6 comments:

Melissa Turner said...

Thanks for the update. Praise God that Lucy (very cute) and you are healthy! You guys will be moving right next to my hometown of Brea. There are some great churches around there (i.e.: Friends Community Church) and lots of fun things to do. I will pray for your transition and your little bundle of JOY. Enjoy your last month...thanks for what you guys are doing there.

babe said...

Thanks for the update and praise the LORD for excellent husbands! And thank you for speaking well of your spouse...it fills my heart with joy when people speak lovingly of their mates. I can't wait to hear all the Tokyo tales.

We can't wait to see you and to meet Lucy! Love!

The Pray Family said...

You are a bad blogger! I have been checking like crazy to find out if that little baby is a boy or a girl... and I am SO excited that she is a little Lucy Joy!!! I love her name and take it from me you will looooooove having a baby girl :)

And maybe being a good husband comes with the name, because I am often thinking similar thoughts about my mine!!

courtney and aaron said...

i love you two! (three, actually...) you do have an exceptionally wonderful husband. and he has an exceptionally wonderful wife, i think. i'm glad he's taking good care of you and baby lucy. we'll pray for this last month, that it will be full of God's great surprises and blessings. we love you!

Megan said...

I am so glad for a new post. We miss you guys so much, and are SUPER excited for you to be back around the OC.
Can't wait for Lucy to be here too! Congrats.

Danielle Kanka said...

Hey there! Long time since staff training! Wow what exciting news for you all!!! Love the baby bump pics. That is wonderful news about moving to Fullerton. James and I have moved out to CA...kind of. We're looking for apartments in Burbank right now. Currently we are staying with friends in Fullerton. Our friend Joel was on staff with crusade and now works for a church out here. They recently did the apartment search so let me know and if you want I can connect them with you for info on the hunt :) How fun I would love to see you sometime whenever you all get settled and after your little one arrives! Keep in touch and praise God for how He continues to work in your lives!